[Freeciv-Dev] Re: rapture delay the 3rd

To: <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: rapture delay the 3rd
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:02:05 +0100 (CET)

Hello Jason,

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Karl-Ingo Friese wrote:
> I like delay as well.  However, you could add extra functionality by
> making it "time" or "growthtime".  Rapturetime==1 means one turn to
> grow.  Rapturetime==0 means a city will grow to its maximum population
> within one turn.  (Of course, I doubt most people would use this extra
> feature, but it doesn't really cost anything so...)

Yes, that could be added. But not as rapturetime==0, since 0 already
has a special meaning: "ignore this variable and use the ruleset
instead". Only if rapturedelay is > 0 it is used. But the feature
you described could of couse be implemented as rapturetime==-1. Since
I set the maximum to 999, it already includes a "rapture off".

This workaround will become obsolete as soon as someone unifies server
variables and rulesets. But this would cost more time that I can afford
right now.

> BTW, I wanted to check out/review your patch, but I couldn't find it
> under the patch tracking system.  Am I looking up the wrong thing
> ("rapture delay" and "rapturedelay"), or is it not there?  If the
> latter, you should submit it to the system.

No, I submitted it via email to the freeciv-dev list. Have a look at
the archives:

   http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200110/msg01112.html

Ingo