[Freeciv-Dev] Re: new_city_dialog ver 12

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new_city_dialog ver 12
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 02:45:08 +0100 (WET DST)

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Mike Kaufman wrote:

> there's a new version in incoming/ on the ftp site, Daniel will mirror
> it soon at
>
>         http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/
>
> changes:
>
> Another map sensitivity patch by Christian
> worklist commit problem fixed (I hope)
> a couple of city investigation bugs fixed.
>
> Unless Christian comes up with any pressing issues, (since he seems to
> be the only one looking at it) I would suggest this be applied to CVS.
>
> Yes, there are sure to still be bugs, but they're not going to get found
> at this point until more people start looking at it.
>
> Maintainers: please start taking a good hard look.

Looks nice.

Some usability comments:
* the bigger the buttons are the easier they are to hit. i'm particularly
talking about the up & down buttons in the worklist but also the help
button.
* the less space between buttons belonging to the same class the better.
* there is too much space between the buttons in the bottom (i know the
old dialog also was like this but that doesn't make it right :)).

I'm giving these comments based on:
<http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/worklist_screen_shot.png>

It would be nice if you people provided some up to date screenshots of the
dialog in a clean gtk+ theme (or no theme at all like the link i
mentioned). That way maintainers without spare time to look at the source
code can provide (i hope) useful comments :-)

---