[Freeciv-Dev] Re: "Historian Publishes!" message and server side variabl

To: Lukasz Szelag <lszelag@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: "Historian Publishes!" message and server side variables "rivers" and "grass"
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:49:10 +0200

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 09:30:26PM -0500, Lukasz Szelag wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just checked the latest snapshot (10/15) and have one suggestion and
> one bug report.
>
> 1) I think that it would be a good idea to allow to set message options
> ("Message Options" window) for "Historian Publishes!" message.
>
> 2) I noticed that setting server side variables "rivers" and "grass"
> doesn't work as expected. For "rivers" the max value is 1000 however:
>
> /show rivers
>
> (reads 280)
>
> /set rivers 999
> /show rivers
>
> (reads 590)
>
> /set rivers 999
> /show rivers
>
> (reads 710)
>
> And so on... The same problem is with setting the server variable "grass".
> It looks like there is an overflow.

I can't reproduce the problem:

$ cat test.rc
/show rivers
/set rivers 100
/show rivers
/set rivers 500
/show rivers
/set rivers 789
/show rivers
/set rivers 999
/show rivers
quit
$ ./ser -r test.rc
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.12.1-devel
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
+ means you may change the option
= means the option is on its default value
Option        value   (min,max)      description
rivers        +=50    (0,1000)       Amount of river squares
Option: rivers has been set to 100.
+ means you may change the option
= means the option is on its default value
Option        value   (min,max)      description
rivers        + 100   (0,1000)       Amount of river squares
Option: rivers has been set to 500.
+ means you may change the option
= means the option is on its default value
Option        value   (min,max)      description
rivers        + 500   (0,1000)       Amount of river squares
Option: rivers has been set to 789.
+ means you may change the option
= means the option is on its default value
Option        value   (min,max)      description
rivers        + 789   (0,1000)       Amount of river squares
Option: rivers has been set to 999.
+ means you may change the option
= means the option is on its default value
Option        value   (min,max)      description
rivers        + 999   (0,1000)       Amount of river squares
Goodbye.
$

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Sit, disk, sit. Good boy. Now spin up. Very good. Here's a netscape