[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profile.

To: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profile.
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 09:53:43 +0200

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 12:07:48AM +0100, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >> When producing profiles, please don't forget to mention precisely
> >> what you're profiling.  If you don't, it's a bit tricky to know
> >> what to read into the results.  8-9
> >
> > Normal autogame.
>
> Which means what?

starting the server with a script file like this:
----------------
#set randseed 42
#set seed 42
set timeout -1          # run a server only autogame
set aifill 7
set endyear 2000
hard
create Caesar
start
----------------

Note the timeout of -1.

> >> I also recommend leaving in the final line of the first section,
> >> since that line gives the total, which is obviously of interest.
> >>
> >> When I need to produce a profile, I usually patch server/srv_main.c
> >> to exit as soon as
> >
> > as soon as ??
>
> As soon as the game ends, obviously.

The autogame does this for you.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Your mail could not be delivered to the following Address: