[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (no subject)

To: <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (no subject)
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:08:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Raimar Falke wrote:

> I'm not sure another font will change this. Where would you put header
> graphics? A background graphic could be nice. But there are problems
> with gtk themes.

Dont understimate the value of a nice font! But of course, it is not
a replacement for the headers. Just another
lets-it-look-more-like-a-game-and-less-like-a-compiler-window
feature.

> I created a demo with glade which shows the report with added space
> and some extra decoration. There is only some space missing below the
> "Research spee..." label.

Hey nice! Takes much space though (due to high font size mostly).
This would surely be a dialog you open once in a while and have not
open all the time.

Anyhow ... it shows what with a little style & border works can do.
Now imagine a (good readable!) script-like font ...

Minax

--

Karl-Ingo Friese
kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx