[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: substituting whole_map_iterate (PR#943)

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: substituting whole_map_iterate (PR#943)
From: Jason Dorje Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 04:24:03 -0400

Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 12:49:31AM -0700, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Most substitutions should result in almost identical code once the
> > preprocessor is through.  In one or two places I've substituted code in
> > a slightly different order, but it should all give identical
> > functionality.
>
> The inner loop may depend on the xy-vs-yx order.

That's a good point, and I didn't check for it.

This would be especially malicious since the code would still work (all
or most loops use yx), but may break later for no apparent reason when
whole_map_iterate is changed.

I don't have the energy right now to double-check all of these
instances, but I'll take a look at it tomorrow if you want.

jason