[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ctrl-D in server (PR#936)

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ctrl-D in server (PR#936)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 00:54:49 +0200

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 11:02:47AM -0700, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 11:02:03AM -0700, Christian Knoke wrote:
>> > CVS 03 SEP 2001 i386 Linux w/ readline support
>> >
>> > When you type Ctrl-D in the server, you get:
>> >
>> > 2: Server cannot read standard input. Ignoring input.
>> > >

>> > If you type it a second time, the input is blocked.
>> > You cannot issue any server commands then.
>>
>> I think this is a feature rather than a bug.
>
>> Didn't it previously exit the server if you did a CTRL-D?
>
> AFAIK yes. This is the way unix programs work.

The behaviour is not consistent for civservers compiled with and
without readline.

I think that quitting on ^D is the most sensible thing to do for a
civserver that is run interactively (ie. in a terminal).  For a
civserver that isn't, a --non-interactive flag would make more sense.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Intra-mural sports results are filtering through th' plumbing...