[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [BUGFIX] 't' command active unit bugfix

To: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [BUGFIX] 't' command active unit bugfix
From: Stepan Roh <stepan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 01:30:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Trent Piepho wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Stepan Roh wrote:
> > Attached is a diff against current CVS (generated with cvs diff -u) which
> > fixes bug related to 't' command and blinking active unit. It's simple,
> > not very clean and only for GTK client (though could be easily ported to
>
> It works by turning off blinking!  I think this just changes the bug from
> "blinking units overwrite overlayed map graphics" to "active unit stops
> blinking".  Not really an improvement.

It is a sort of improvement. Now you can see what's under that blinking
unit. If you want to do something with it (well, sometimes), it starts
blinking again. The 't' command is broken in the way that what it writes
on the map canvas gets lost on map refresh. I propose merging 't' command
with "Map grid" (described in my original post). Or, make 't' stateful and
move it's drawing to gui-gtk/mapview.c:pixmap_put_tile*(). It's the same
way "Map grid" is handled (and, perhaps, like proposed patch sent to this
list few days back). This will fix the "active unit bug". I don't see real
fix for current 't' command implementation.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh