[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Soundpack now on ftp

To: col@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Soundpack now on ftp
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:41:54 +0200

On 2001-08-29 08:06:25, col@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Sj=F6lie?= <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote ..
> > On 2001-08-27 20:52:34, David Weisgerber wrote:
> > > I have tested the sound patches some more times and added some comments
> > > the sources. I also wrote a README file and packed all the things you
> > > need
> > > into a tarball.
> > > I uploaded this tarball to
> > > ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/soundpack-rev1.tar.gz
> > >
> > > Please give it a try and report errors to me.
> >
> > You really shouldn't hardcode
> > "/usr/local/share/freeciv/freeciv.soundspec"
>
> This will be changed later of course

Well, it is changed in my patch...

> > Also, I think it would make sense to put the soundspec file in
> > data/sound and all sounds in subdirs of that dir... Your sounds could be
> > in data/sound/default...
>
> Why ? tilespec files are in this dir, too

Yes, and so are the "tile dirs"...
So if You want to have several soundsets the default dir would
be called "defaultsound"? (Since "default" is allready taken by tiles)
Then sound/default is better...
But I agree that the soundspec file itself could very well be in the
data root... (Eg data/default.soundspec points to data/sound/default/*)

> > Here's a patch that's a little easier to apply and (IMHO) a tiny bit
> > cleaner:
> > http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/sound.diff
> > and the sounds
> > http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/default_sounds.tgz
> >
> > Just unpack the sounds in the source root - they will be installed with
> > make install... Remember to (re)run automake; autoconf; ./configure ...
>
> I'll have a new cleaner patch with some bug fixed uploaded to ftp
> before the weekend.

Please take a look at my patch, there's not much new but why do it
again?

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)