[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Soundpack now on ftp

To: David Weisgerber <col@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Soundpack now on ftp
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:40:29 +0200

On 2001-08-27 20:52:34, David Weisgerber wrote:
> I have tested the sound patches some more times and added some comments to
> the sources. I also wrote a README file and packed all the things you need
> into a tarball.
> I uploaded this tarball to
> ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/soundpack-rev1.tar.gz
>
> Please give it a try and report errors to me.

You really shouldn't hardcode
"/usr/local/share/freeciv/freeciv.soundspec"

Also, I think it would make sense to put the soundspec file in
data/sound and all sounds in subdirs of that dir... Your sounds could be
in data/sound/default...

Here's a patch that's a little easier to apply and (IMHO) a tiny bit
cleaner:
http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/sound.diff
and the sounds
http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/default_sounds.tgz

Just unpack the sounds in the source root - they will be installed with
make install... Remember to (re)run automake; autoconf; ./configure ...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)