[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:13:40 -0400

Raimar Falke wrote:

Besides some outstanding technical points I'm not sure if this new
dialog is a big step forward. The new dialog looks
crowded/cramped. The frames have no border. The info list on the left
side for example is a nice idea but IMHO with a multi-line label (like
is was used in the old one) the dialog would look nicer, be more
flexible (font, color) and would also be using less size. Which leads
me to another problem: the new dialog (at least in the german
translation) has a width >900 pixel.

improvement in use-ability.

I agree. Besides the cramped look (or because of it), I found it difficult to find quickly all the infomation I normally need from the new dialog. Another unrelated problm is that the dialog window can be very slow to come up. This already happens with the current city dialog when using the isometric tileset, but the new dialog makes it a lot worse.

Mike