[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Weird statement

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Weird statement
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 09:32:58 -0400

You need more context to unscramble this one. I looked at the
source. And while I am confused, here are some options.

1)  It is not a flip of variables, i.e. str=cptr_s to mark the
    spot, as str isn't used after.
2)  It really looks like it could have been an old version of the
    previous for, or some sanity repeat of the previous that takes
    out more than just whitespace.
3)  It could also be a cut and paste error that reinitializes the
    counter accidently - this is most likely.
4)  It might be swapped with the PREFIX condition, in that once
    you eliminate leading trash and the prefix, you are ready to
    begin command parsing.
5)  But I don't know if PREFIXes can have trailing white space.

Cheers,
RossW
=====