[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Fortress with enhanced vision (watchtower-like

To: Luke Lindsay <lindsal49@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Fortress with enhanced vision (watchtower-like)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 08:30:25 +0200

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:50:17PM +0100, Luke Lindsay wrote:
> How about the terrain on which the fortress is built affecting its
> vision-range as-well-as/instead-of-invention.  E.g. fortresss on
> hill/mountains get the enhanced vision-range regardless of invention,
> fortresses on forest/swamp/jungle never get it.

It is also possible that a unit on a moutain gets a bonus even without
watchtower. This may similar to the defense bonus. However it looks
like the current vision range is not fine grained enough for this.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere."