[Freeciv-Dev] Re: MD5 password authentication and so on.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: MD5 password authentication and so on.
From: Auth Gábor <franko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:32:48 +0200

Hi!

> Now there are two ways (from what i see) to implement this password
> authentication thing. The easy way and the not so easy way.
  I vote the easy way, passwords stored with or without MD5 (or DES)
hash. Hmm... OK, this is only works with UNIX systems, but public(meta)
civserver usually run in UNIX platform. This password authentication is
meanigless in private civservers... isn't?
--
Frank O'Yanco - Auth Gábor -=- Mobil/SMS +36203494743 /+36303687792
Age of The Penguin -=- SuSE Linux 7.1 -=- http://andromeda.rgstudio.hu