[Freeciv-Dev] Re: corecleanup comments

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: corecleanup comments
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 02:18:41 +0300 (IDT)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:

> Thanks, the packhand one I hadn't triggered yet, pollution, wetness and a
> few others but not packhand :-).

actually, I have a suggestions.
the changes you would make to packhand (and maybe pollution and few
others :) are probably just converting explicit iterates to adjc_iterate
and adjc_dir_iterate.  And this macros have the same call syntax in your
patch and in current map.h.  So maybe you can submit a separate patch with
such changes, it doesn't require all your other stuff, it will make the
remaining patch of yours smaller => easier to handle, and it is very
useful (even if your core patch doesn't get it through which I hope it
will).

> If you have any thoughts on how to automate testing some of the GUI code
> that might really help. Part of the problem is, if I leave the client
> running in an autogame the network buffers overflow during big updates and
> it crashes.

I tried running autogame and nothing crashes.  that's probably because I
don't know anything about network buffers ;)

> As a partial defence, this was always done as a development prototype and
> most of it in a week or so. I always expected a major feature and style-war
> so the prettying was something I figured could happen when the dust

I guess you are right :)

> Straightest direction was a horrible hack to at least get it right. But it
> is endemically tied into DIR_DX2 and not in trivial ways. I'll put in a
> better commentary/explanation and diagram at some point.

please do, right now it's a nightmare...

thanks for your explanations though,

G.