[Freeciv-Dev] Re: build error under mac os x (PR#894)

To: mxcantor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: build error under mac os x (PR#894)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:33:49 +0200

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, mxcantor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Max Cantor
> Version: 1.11.4-1.12
> Client: Both (or N/A)
> OS: Mac OS X (Darwin-ppc)
> Submission from: (NULL) (165.247.91.195)
>
> The gcc supplied with apple-darwin-ppc does not support variadic
> macro arguments.  Therefore, the cpp always croaks when it gets to
> freelog macro in the log.c or log.h file.  Basically, it has to be
> set to use the functional, slower, non-macro form of freelog
> provided for non-gcc compilers.  I'm not sure how to set this
> automatically, so I'm just reporting it.

This came up a while ago.  The best way to fix it is to disable the
Apple-specific CPP when compiling Freeciv.  This is no great loss
since it will not speed up the compilation of programs that don't use
the OS X APIs anyway.  Unfortunately, no one were able to provide
clear instructions as to how to do this from a configure script.

Even better, Apple could fix their CPP...

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
I want to kill everyone here with a cute colorful Hydrogen Bomb!!