[Freeciv-Dev] Re: W32/SirCam@MM-virus; e-mailscan?

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: W32/SirCam@MM-virus; e-mailscan?
From: Kevin Brown <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:53:46 -0700

Thue <thue@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday 09 August 2001 14:08, Ludo Coppens wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm recieving quite a lot of emails with the W32/SirCam@MM-virus
> > (http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99141) via the
> > freeciv(-dev) list. Is there a possebility that there is a sort of
> > virusscan on the mails before you send them to the list? (I often
> > hear of virusscanners for sendmail). Thanks,
> > Bart Coppens
>
> At least the sircam mails could be stopped if the mail size limit was
> adjusted.
> (The mailing list maintainer, John Goerzen, CCed)

Actually, I'd just toss any email that has an executable (.exe, .com)
attachment, since we have no need at all of those on this mailing
list.  The list server should probably email the sender with an
explanation when it does this...

Limiting the size too much might make it difficult to distribute some
of the more comprehensive patches.

--
Kevin Brown                                           kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    It's really hard to define what "unexpected behavior" means when you're
                       talking about Windows.