[Freeciv-Dev] Re: WAITER! There's a BARB LEADER in my TRIREME !!! (PR#88

To: pjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: WAITER! There's a BARB LEADER in my TRIREME !!! (PR#881)
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:41:44 -0500

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 12:52:44PM -0700, pjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: publunch
> Version: 1.11.6
> Client: Gtk+
> OS: potato
> Submission from: (NULL) (195.92.198.81)
>

> I captured a barb city, Dublin, with a barb leader in it.
> I don't think I got a ransom for the barb leader.
> I thought the barb leader was a dip, 'coz they wear the same clothes.
> I put the leader in a trireme and tried to use him to subvert another
> city, Cork, I think.  I was told that I could not attack there.
>
> What is meant to happen when you capture a city with a barb leader in it?
>
> The game was run on civserver and has recently ended.  I was Brazilian,
> Jussi was Danish and someone else was Irish.  There were other players.
> The time now is just gone 19:50 utc on 9th August 2001.

        Exciting.
        It's my belief that the bug happened in the first line you mention.
Either the leader should have been killed (as a normal defender) or
ransomed, you should never have gotten control of him.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."