[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Timeout bug (PR#876)

To: schnetter@xxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Timeout bug (PR#876)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 21:50:59 +0200

On Monday 06 August 2001 17:54, schnetter@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Stefan Schnetter
> Version: every?
> Client: Both (or N/A)
> OS:
> Submission from: (NULL) (217.224.166.238)
>

> A Timeout less than 10 seconds should not be possible.
> If someone "/set timeout 1" (and there exist ai players) the game
> will be messed up.

Actually setting a timeout of 1 can be very usefull for AI testgames,
so we don't want to limit it.

There is a patch that used to be applied to the civservers running at
civserver.freeciv.org that allowed one to set a minimum timeout. I
guess it has not been applied to the various versions running now.

Perhaps a patch that allows a lower limit for timeout will be applied
to CVS once 1.12.0 is out.

-Thue