Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: citymindist patch (V1.0)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: citymindist patch (V1.0)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:43:57 +0200

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 03:37:17PM +0200, Karl-Ingo Friese wrote:
> > However, the public servers can apply the patch themselves, thus
> > getting the effect you wanted in the first place. (which gives me
> > a good argument for not applying it to CVS)
>
> Well, this patch was meant to ease the life of all players who
> participate on the metaserver. If Paul & friends are willing
> to apply the patch it to every CVS server, I am fine.
>
> I just guess that if you dont put it into official CVS, the servers
> will tend to "forget" it.

This is not the case.  We have a 'drop-in' directory for patches,
and anything put there will automatically be applied before the
CVS version is compiled every day.

> Beside it will be a pain to maintain two
> different versions all.

Yes, patches should really go into CVS, we've lost 20 or 30 valuable
patches in the past year, although Thue rescued many others.

> Anyhow, I only made the patch - its your decision now.
> ChaosE / Ingo

Can't you just use CVS write access?  These patches of yours actually
get used in in local games, after all.

--
Reinier