Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: ideas seen in other games/real live

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: ideas seen in other games/real live
From: rosen <roska@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:06:48 -0700

On 22 Þëè, Paul Langemeijer wrote:... > 3)> idea:> migration. as seen in real live.> > description:> this can be done (controllable) using settlers. but it would be fun if it happened as a natural > thing too. it should occur between all city's (from every country) at a rate depending on distance > and happy-ratio (and perhaps income).> > how to do it:> well, perhaps it should only occur when the distance between city's is less than a ....12 ?...It reminds me sending caravan with food from one city to another, like it is done in Civilization 2 - Test of Time. In fact this is the same like migration - the former city reduceces its growth rate, and the letter increases it. The player just should set some (not so big) cities to produce more food, and to send a food caravane from evry one of them to a desired, well defended city with many improvements in it. It looks like the real live, isn't it? I'd like to see it in some future version of freeciv. (I think making different goods in every city for trade like in civ2 TOT is already in the task list :) bye