Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] problems with CVS snapshot ...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] problems with CVS snapshot ...
From: "Zverina, David" <David.Zverina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:20:13 +0100

I've successfully compile civserver from the 24Jul snapshot but have
problems when trying to set any parameters on the server.
When trying to pass in any number to the set command the number is
interpreted as 0

Eg.
> set rivers=200
Option: rivers has been set to 0.

The line where problem is occuring seems to be line 2531 in
server/stdinhand.c.
For some reason the atoi is returing 0 even though the argument passed to it
is "200".
At first I thought it was something to do with the libraries but in a mini
test program atoi works as expected.

   2530   if (SETTING_IS_INT(op)) {
   2531     val = atoi(arg);
   2532     if (val >= op->min_value && val <= op->max_value) {
   2533       char *reject_message = NULL;val <= op->max_value) {

Any ideas before I go digging deeper?

Thanks,

Dave.

The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
privileged.  Unauthorised access and use is prohibited.  William M.
Mercer Limited is regulated by IMRO and the Personal Investment
Authority. Registered in London No. 984275 Registered Office: Telford
House, 14 Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NB