Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.11.5 client problems!

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.11.5 client problems!
From: Peter Ehrlich <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:50:08 -0400

On Tuesday 03 July 2001 08:29 pm, you wrote:

> >> Do you have an old Freeciv resourcefile in /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults ?
> >>
> >> If so, remove it.
> >
> >I removed all files with "freeciv" in them (1) , then I tried recompiling
> > it and it didn't work. I'm still getting the same messages. Are there any
> > other things it might be?
>
> This isn't a compile problem, it's a run-time problem.  The resource file
> for Freeciv's Xaw client contains a version string, which must match the
> version of the compiled executable.  This file is generally called Freeciv.
>  The "fallback" resource file is in the data subdirectory.
>
> So, first make sure any files with "Freeciv" in the name have been removed
> from /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults.  Then, look near the top of data/Freeciv
> for a resource named "Freeciv*version".  It should be "1.11.5-devel"
> (matching the version reported by the error message as the "Game version").
>
> jjm

I went to usr/lib/X11/app-defaults and removed any files named "freeciv".
Then I went to /data and I found the file called "Freeciv".  It said just
what it should: Freeciv*version:                             1.11.5-devel
(exactly what it said in the error message.)  But a am still having the same
problem.  I do *not* get this, so could you please help me?  Thanks.

--Peter Ehrlich