Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Screenshots

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Jennifer Glover" <jglover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Screenshots
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 17:39:29 +0200

Thue writes:
 > On Friday 06 July 2001 00:48, Jennifer Glover wrote:
 > > Here are some screenshots.  Does anyone have any ideas why all the
 > > holes are appearing in the map?
 > >
 > > http://members.fortunecity.com/broadsword/Computer/FreeCiv/FreeCivScr
 > >eenshots.html
 > >
 > > jenn
 >
 > Hmm, I have seen those holes before :).

Your mask bitmaps seem to be not 1 bit depth. AFAIK you have to use
CreateBitmap instead of CreateCompatibleBitmap for them (and set the
depth to 1 bit).
You can look at the implementation of DrawIcon (gdi32) in wine.
It handles a similar problem as the stuff in gui-win32/graphics.c
(drawing bitmaps with a "mask")

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade