Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Stolen Games. (PR#835)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Stolen Games. (PR#835)
From: nigelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (NigelM)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 20:46:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I have a bug thats more of a missing need.

Scenario:
Play a good game for hours,
Modem Disconnects,
Redial Modem,
Find someone stole your character.

Pritty usual scenario, so whats the bug? The bug is
I was only disconnected for 2 minutes and people sit
waiting for people to free up their slot in the game.

I am not pleased by loosing games like this, not
been able to reconnect. My suggestion and its probably
a damned good one is to have the players add a password
when they connect to a game, this password lasts for
ten minutes after they loose a connection and then the
players character becomes free for others to use.

If the player wants to reconnect they put in the password
and their user name and viola they are back in, noone
gets their player stolen and it damned well doesn't waste
hours of my net time.

Reg
Nian