Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compiling error - Freeciv

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compiling error - Freeciv
From: Matt Hope <matth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 03:27:32 +1000

On Tue, 03 Jul 2001, Thue <thue@xxxxxxx> wrote...

: collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Speicherzugriffsfehler], core
:
: It looks like a bug in ld. You should try to upgrade it.
:
: -Thue

with signal 11's, its usually something like running out of memory, swap,
or other resources. On some systems I used to get this all the time,
re-running the compile would usually solve the problem.
However, if this routinely occurs in the same place, and its fine for
everyone else (I'm pretty sure it is fine for everyone else) then it could
be a compile or linker problem, in which case do as Thue suggests, and
update your compiler/linker (compiler = gcc|cc , linker = ld )

/dopey