Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: engineers (settlers?) do not irrigate/upgrade cities t

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: engineers (settlers?) do not irrigate/upgrade cities terrains when in mode auto-settler (PR#814)
From: Kero van Gelder <kero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:40:01 +0200

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 xavier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Full_Name: xavier renaut
> > Version: 11-5  (cvs)
> > Client: Both (or N/A)
> > OS: Debian GNU/Linux
> > Submission from: (NULL) (207.253.207.91)
> >

> > When I let an engineer in mode "auto settler",
> > it doesn't do anything to the terrain which is
> > under the city. It does not transform it to
> > grassland (if it is swamp, for exemple), and
> > it does not irrigate it...
>
> I believe the terrain under a city has both irrigation and roads
> (but if the city is distroyed, only roads remain, IIRC).

The city produces one food extra, but it is not irrigated.

Irrigating it does not provide the extra food you'd expect, since you
already received it, BUT it allows you to irrgate neighbour squares.

(Rail)roads are available in a city.

> IMHO, it makes sense not to allow tarrain trasformations on city
> tiles. It should be a destructive operation (you should loose also roads
> and irrigation on non-city tiles). But I don't know what the Civ2 rules
> say about that.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------------------ http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+