Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Changing multiple city productions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Changing multiple city productions
From: "Daniel Speyer" <Daniel_Speyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 22:02:29 -0400

I have frequently found in playing freeciv (especially multiplayer) that
it would be useful to change all production of one unit to another.  The
canonical example is to change all phalanxes to musketeers (before
researching feudalism).  Other cases that have occurred to me in actual
games are cannon->cavalry armor->howitzer and galleon->destroyer.
Therefore, I have written the atached patch, which adds a "change in
production" button to the activeunits dialog.

The alterations are entirely to client/gui-gtk/repodlgs.c and the diff is
from the June 2nd CVS snapshot.  (The unit_is_obsolete(int) function might
be better implemented in common/units.c, but I leave that question to the
maintainers.)   I've tested it pretty thouroughly on my own system (i686
RH6.2) and everything works.  It shouldn't break anything else (there are
very few changes outside of itself).

I hope this can go into the next release of freeciv.  Feel free to contact
me with any questions/problems.
--Daniel Speyer
"May the /src be with you, always"