Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] thue: Update configure to insert -lm in

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] thue: Update configure to insert -lm in server libs ...
From: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 06:32:59 -0400

Christian Knoke (ChrisK@xxxxxxxx) wrote:

> checking for main in -lnls... ./configure: line 6360: syntax error near
> unexpected token `<<<<<'
> ./configure: line 6360: `<<<<<<< configure'

Your CVS update did a partial merge (excuse the terminology, I don't
know what it's really called).  This is typically caused by having a
modified version of a file in your local tree, and then doing a CVS
update which cannot merge the changes properly -- it leaves the file
in a state where manual intervention is required.

The best course of action for you is probably to remove the affected
files (most likely configure and configure.in), redo the CVS update to
get new copies of them, and try again.

Oh, and if you're playing with the auto* stuff, you probably want to
remove config.cache too.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |