Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: gettext 0.10.37

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: gettext 0.10.37
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 May 2001 11:18:53 +0100

On Sun, 20 May 2001, thue@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sunday 20 May 2001 11:38, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
>> Make sure you have bison (the GNU incarnation of yacc) installed.
>> It seems that configure is detecting it (since it's using long
>> options in the command line and stuff) but somehow belives that the
>> command name is ':', ie a colon.
>>
>> What does
>>
>>   $ bison --version
>>
>> and
>>
>>   $ yacc
>>
>> say?
>
> Actually it wasn't installed. I guess a check should be added to
> ./configure.

This is a bit tricky.  Since plural.c is a generated file, it be
included in the tarball when you say make dist, just like configure
and friends.  Thus someone who just wants to install Freeciv without
dickering with gettext don't have to install bison any more than they
have to install GNU m4.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
I guess you guys got BIG MUSCLES from doing too much STUDYING!