Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server startgame bug (PR#770)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server startgame bug (PR#770)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:36:35 +0200

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:59:33PM -0700, duane@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Submission from: (NULL) (203.56.239.113)
>

> logged onto freeciv server at freciv.org
>
> 4 players in game
>
> 2 players simultaneously type
>
> /start
>
> /set techl 0
>
> Game goes into Waiting state, people are still in chat room, game does not
> start.  Server is now permanently screwed, needs to be restarted :)

This is a known problem, does anyone have a good idea how to fix it?

The problem is that every player has to select a nation.  But sometimes,
players havce been waiting for am hour and they have gone off doing
something else.  You can make the game start by /ai-ing that player,
but this is undocumented.

I think it would be good enough to put a timeout on the selection
process.  Every player who hasn't selected within the timeout will
get a nation like an AI player.  The player could be set to AI as well.

--
Reinier