Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Solaris 8 installation problem. (PR#754)

To: "Minkus, Robert, CTR" <Robert.Minkus-contractor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Solaris 8 installation problem. (PR#754)
From: andreas landmark <andreas.landmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:06:30 +0100

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 01:56:09PM -0700, Minkus, Robert, CTR produced this
golden nugget:
> Hello,
>
> I found your site while surfing the web and downloaded freeciv to install on
> my Sun Ultra-1 running Solaris 8.
>
> I have tried most of the suggestions in the INSTALL file, and did a fresh
> install of GNUmake, GNUgcc, Xaw, and Gtk+.
>
> Below is the output from the configure command, any suggestions would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert Minkus
>
> checking for which client to compile:
> checking for gtk-config... /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
> checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.1... no
> *** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
> the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was incorrectly
> installed
> *** or that you have moved GTK since it was installed. In the latter case,
> you
> *** may want to edit the gtk-config script: /usr/local/bin/gtk-config

You didn't say which version of GTK you installed?

If you've got >= 1.2.1 try giving the full path to gtk to the configure
script and/or edit your gtk-config...

(check your libpaths aswell)
--
Andreas Landmark / noXtension
For every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill.