Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] README

To: "freeciv development list" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] README
From: "Erik Sigra" <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:04:50 +0200

> ====================
> Freeciv Version 1.11
> ====================

Time to change this i guess.

> Server autostart:
> =================
>
> When the maximum number of players have connected, the server auto-starts.
> The maximum number of players can be set with the 'maxplayers' option.

Isn't this what you removed a while ago? If so, you apparently forgot to remove this section.

>   1. Email to <listar@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
>   2. Leave subject blank.
>   3. In the body of the email put one of:
Why only one? As far as I can remember it is posssible to join several lists at once.

>       To join:
>         subscribe freeciv
>         subscribe freeciv-announce
>         subscribe freeciv-dev
>         subscribe freeciv-data
>         subscribe freeciv-java
>         subscribe freeciv-cvs
>       To leave:
>         unsubscribe freeciv
>         unsubscribe freeciv-announce
>         unsubscribe freeciv-dev
>         unsubscribe freeciv-data
>         unsubscribe freeciv-java
>         unsubscribe freeciv-cvs

> To send an email to the lists, address it to:
>   For freeciv, mail should be sent to <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
>   For freeciv-dev, mail should be sent to <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
>   For freeciv-data, mail should be sent to <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
>   For freeciv-java, mail should be sent to <freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

Does it have to be that explicit? I think people can figure this out with less verbose text.

> New Releases:
> We make a major new release of Freeciv available about every three
> months.

?

There are probably some more things to fix in this file.