Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Time for a new version?

To: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Time for a new version?
From: Nathan Lovell <lovell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:57:03 -0700 (MST)

> It seems like an awful long time since 1.11.4 was released. Last July,
> I think. In contrast, I remember several 1.10 and 1.11 versions last
> year and the year before.
>
> Various improvments have been made which would be nice to get out as
> an 'official' version:
>
> 1) The isometric view
> 2) A few new tilesets
> 3) Lots more nations
> 4) (IIRC) some good work on moving more hardwired stuff out into
> rulesets.
> 5) (IIRC) the diplomacy stuff
>
> Also, perhaps a joint release of the new civworld would be nice.
>
> What do people think?
>
> Jules

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes, already!  Why hasn't it already happened?  I've seen
several complaints that the maintainers aren't able to keep up with patches.
Is that the reason no new releases have been made?  Is there some besides
testing that the "regular" people in this group can facilitate a new
release?

  Nathan Lovell @ University of Utah
  School of Computing & Department of Chemistry