Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tiles with roads show railroads (PR#704)

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tiles with roads show railroads (PR#704)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:37:48 +0100

On Sunday 18 February 2001 17:16, Thue wrote:
> On Sunday 18 February 2001 16:24, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > Version: 1.11.5 CVS (recent)
> > System:  Linux i386 GTK+
> >
> > Sometimes tiles beneath cities show partially
> > railroads (i.e. from the middle of the tile
> > to the city), but have no railroads, only
> > roads. It's a little confusing.
> >
> > Reproducible... ok, lets say visible: Savegame is here:
> >
> > http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/no-railroads.sav.gz
> >
> > Login as chris and see Finnish city of Tampere.
> >
> > Christian
>
> This happens if a tile has railroads but not road.
> I can't just see how a city can wind up in that state; do you know what
> happened to it in the game?
>
> -Thue

Ok; the problem is that someone (probably a barbarian) pillaged the road from
under the city. So with this patch it is disallowed to pillage road/railroad
from a city.
I also found some problems with the unit activity checking in the code with
regard to fortifying and pillaging, so I corrected those and made a dedicated
function to do it.

-Thue