[Freeciv-Dev] BUG/PATCH: Overproduction problems (PR#670)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] BUG/PATCH: Overproduction problems (PR#670)
From: Joona Kiiski <zamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 05:38:55 -0800 (PST)

Okay, let's take few rough examples

a) I'm building settler (38/40). Then I decide to build a temple instead. If I
change it directly I lose 19 shields. But if change it to warrior (38/10),
press turn done and after that change production to temple (28/10), and after
that disband the warrior I lose only 5 shields!

b) I'm building Stock exchange (140/160) and then I think hmm... in fact I'd
like to build armors instead. I change the production to barracks (no penalty)
and on next turn I change production to armors, no penalty is added (100/80).
If I think I don't need barracks, I can sell it!

c) One more way to "cheat": I start building wonder which somebody else is soon
going to finish. I continue building it until I find advanced flight.
Production may be something like (1200/300). After I've find advanced flight
I build a cheap wonder (300). Then I start building bombers (900 shields
without any penalty!). I get them really fast!! (1/turn)

If you agree with me that this kind of behaviour is totally against the spirit
of Civ2, please put this patch in CVS. In Civ2 you lose all shields which are
over the limit, but I think that 50 per cent penalty is enough. That's the same
penalty when you for example change production from temple to warrior.

The patch is made against CVS 23-jan.

Waiting for your reactions/opinions,

--
Zamar