[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Emacs function to indent regions

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Emacs function to indent regions
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24 Jan 2001 18:53:12 +0000

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 03:40:38PM +0000, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> > Based on comments of some list members I wrote some lisp code. It
>> > inserts some "{" to match up the base level, calls indent(1) and
>> > removes the "{"s. It will only work if you select a proper
>> > region. So selecting "if(cond) {block}" is ok while "else
>> > {block}" will not work.
>> >
>> > I'm a beginner to list so please point out anything which can be
>> > done better.
>>
>> Try M-x c-set-style RET k&r RET .  It works for me.

> AFAIK emacs's c-mode will not change the position of "{" and won't
> insert whitespaces in certain places.

Hm, you're right.  However, I still thinks it's a good idea to write
it in the right style to begin with, rather than relying on indent to
tidy up after you.  Setting the right style in Emacs makes it easier
to do so.

You also need to do M-x set-variable RET c-basic-offset RET 2 RET for
best results.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
I was making donuts and now I'm on a bus!