[Freeciv-Dev] AI diplomacy and other happy thoughts

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] AI diplomacy and other happy thoughts
From: Jordan Crouse <jordanc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:57:48 -0700

I apologize for the FAQiness of this message, please bear with me, I'll
get to the point:

My local phone and cable companies are making a very heroic effort to
keep me from getting anything more than about 28k from my house, so
needless to say, most of my Freeciv play is offline.  As such, I have
encountered the annoying tendancies of the AI (no diplomacy, always war,
etc, etc...) - So I though I would roll up my sleeves and give a hand
when I get a break from my other projects.  And of course, I am most
interested in working on the AI.  I have noticed a certain amount of
brainstorming in the mail archives, but to date not a whole lot of
wholesale changes have been made (still a lot of blank functions in the
CVS tree), which brings me to my questions:

1 - There are a ton of very smart people that work on this project - why
have they chosen not to work on the AI?
2 - Is there major AI development afoot that hasn't been checked in yet?
3 - Where can I do the most damage? :)

Thanks, and happy hacking!

Jordan