Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions - scrolling improvements.

To: Simon Arneaud <ivyfox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions - scrolling improvements.
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 04:29:41 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Simon Arneaud wrote:

> Often I find that when, say, I have moved a settler and now want to build a
> road, the screen will flash from the settler to another unit.  That would be

 If settler have no movement left, you will gain nothing by ordering it to
start building road. It gets nothing done before next turn. (Well, maybe
if you are afraid that you will forget why settler is there)

> 1. Replacing scroll bars
> The scroll bars are fiddly and buggy.  Also they aren't efficient in the
> event when the mouse is held over them for about three quarters of a second.

 I'd like to get rid of them completely. They just take some valuable
space from map. Does someone really use them?

> 2. Minimap jumps

 Right-click, works also in main map.

 Caz