Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv win native (current status)

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv win native (current status)
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:17:28 +0100 (CET)

Mike Jing writes:
 > Very nice.  I noticed in the second screenshot you are running KDE.  Does
 > that mean you are running the Windows client under Wine?
Yes. I develop under linux (using a cross compiler). I avoid using
windows whenever possible. Of course, I test the client under real
windows, too. I think (I have not tested that) that the client should
run even without a full windows installation (only msvcrt40.dll is needed,
everything else is included in wine).