Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] win devels: About windoze civclient's mem leak

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] win devels: About windoze civclient's mem leak
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 09:38:40 +0200

As we have discussed here before, there is a very serious
memory leak in original windoze version. We played freeciv
last night, there were 7 of us at school, and at best,
size of the swap file were 1.3 GB (then there were no disk space
left). Of course it was irritatingly slow (when you click at map,
it takes 3-6 seconds to show new view), but I would say, that still
playable (machines were amd k6's, dunno any more accurate values).

So, this is so serious that it should be taken seriously...
Whether it were in the gtk or clinet itself...

BTW, does that leak exist also in Windows: X-Windows-version?

--
Terveisin   Tuomas Airaksinen        linux
Kotisivu:   http://tuma.cjb.net/      is all