Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] maps

To: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] maps
From: Niels Weber <nath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:38:56 +0200

Hi!

I'm stuck at the creation of scenario-maps. The easy part was to edit
the earth-scenario-file that was in the distribution. Now I'd like to
use those new rivers but I haven't succeded yet. It seems that those new
rivers are saved in the nXXX="" part of the savegame. I added this part
to the scenario-file (as it wasn't there in the standard-scenarios) but
at loading the savegame, the server tells me that it is ignoring these
parts. Now I only get black tiles where I have a "r" in the map, but
they still work as rivers. If I change those "r"s to "p" or whatever
tile I want to surround the river, I only get that tile but without the
river in it. (I hope you understand what I am trying to say.)

So, is it impossible to use those new rivers with scenarios? Or what am
I doing wrong?

Thank you for every bit of help.

Niels