Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: killstack in ruleset

To: bj0v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: killstack in ruleset
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 13:17:59 -0400

At 2000/09/26 00:44 , Martin Olveyra wrote:
>Some time before I had sent a patch that implements killstack as a server
>option. That generated a discussion about what would be better: implements so
>or in ruleset. In that time all the replies was to implement this feature in
>ruleset, although I supported the first choice. After some play test, I
changed
>my mind, and the lack of time made very slow the comprehensive understanding
>of the code. So until now, I wasn't able to send the following patch, that
>implements killstack in ruleset. So this option is setted via game.ruleset.

Looks good...

There are a few problems with this patch, however:

- Missing update to Civ1 and Civ2 game.ruleset files.

- Need to change help text to reflect this being an option.  (Search for
"fortress" in data/helpdata.txt.)

- Need a capability string to conditionalize the protocol change (see
common/capstr.c -- search for "nuclear_fallout" as an example).

- The client-side handling of the new "killstack" field is missing.
(Search for "nuke_contamination" in client/packhand.c as an example.)

jjm