Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] patches: readline completion improvements (PR#564)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] patches: readline completion improvements (PR#564)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:49:39 -0700 (PDT)

Two patches (to be applied in order) improving readline completion:

1. As commented in the code, the readline completion code could be
done more generally.  In particular all the *_generator() functions
have essentially the same code structure.  The first patch
(generic_generator.diff) implements all these functions as one-line
calls to a new function generic_generator().

2. After doing this I noticed that the completion for 'cut' and
'cmdlevel' is actually wrong, since the commands now take connection
names but the completion is still player names.  (Ie, I forgot to
change the completion code when modifying the commands).  The second
patch (complete_cut_cmdlevel.diff, must be applied after first patch)
fixes this, and also adds completion for 'first' and 'new' for second
argument to 'cmdlevel'.

-- David