Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: little string fix

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: little string fix
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 22:01:09 +1100 (EST)

Dirk Stoecker <stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> this one changes "Diplomat|Spy Actions" to "Diplomat/Spy Actions" to make
> GTK and XAW client equal and reduce translators work.
>
> My shortest patch ever. Only one char :-)

So short, yet still wrong!  <ducks> ;->

Actually I did it your way first when adding that menu item, and found
it didn't work - the Gtk stuff treats '/' specially in menu items
(creates cascading menus).  (Another example is "Go|Airlift to City".)

For consistency one could go the other way and use '|' also in the
Xaw client, but not sure if worth it...

-- David