[Freeciv-Dev] worklist idea

To: Freeciv Devel list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] worklist idea
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:23:03 +0300

Hello dear developers!

I think that this would be a good and easy job for the
original developer of worklist...

I was playing freeciv with my friend last weekend and
following idea came into our mind:

When adding pre-defined list to city's worklist it would
be better if the "list" would be added instead of it's contents.

List would be shown for example like this:

Basic_list: Library
Citywalls
Dragoon

So the benefits: You then have to change JUST Basic_list,
and not make changes to ALL CITIES one by one but only to that list!
It would make it a lot easier!

Other worklist ideas:
-There could be many functions in city dialog regarding to worklists
 (like there are "change" button, there could be "change worklist" button
 etc etc etc....)
-The change button and change dialog in the city dialog is ABSOLUTELY
 obsolete. There is no need for it anymore! Let's get rid of it and
 place worklist button to it's place.

   ***

And why am I not doing all this myself? Simply: I'm busy. I'll
have matriculation examination this autumn and next spring (in two
parts) and I have to read MUCH. After that, I'll maybe get more
close to freeciv code...

btw, If we are _lucky_, we'll get (a good) AI developer... A friend
of mine (who is a "little" bit more experienced coder than I) is very
interested in that job (but same thing: not before spring or something).

Thank you everyone for this wonderful game!

Best Regards:
Tuomas

--
kirjoitti:  Tuomas Airaksinen              linux
kotisivu:   http://tumasites.cjb.net        is