[Freeciv-Dev] Re: idea: custom nations

To: ja66598@xxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: idea: custom nations
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:45:31 EDT

This is an excellent idea. It would certainly solve the "where is my favorite nation?" problem.

Since there is nothing much to do during the pregame, it would a good time to upload and download custom nation data. And it would be nice if players can choose their nation during pregame. Currently rulesets (including nation data) are loaded after game start, but maybe nations can be "preloaded" in order to make this work.

Mike