[Freeciv-Dev] Nations classification

To: Freeciv Developement list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Nations classification
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 12:50:17 +0200

There are 60 nations plus barbarians now.

One)
Is this still valid ?
It is plainly not enough :-)

; Below: nations data in sections [nation_*] for
; all nations available. If you want to have more
; nations just add one at the end. There is a maximum
; of 63 nations however. I hope it is enough :-)

Two)
I just classified all nations by comment in first line of their rulesets :
; class1 class2 class3

And added two perl-scripts.
Given freeciv/data/nation/*.ruleset as parameter they output :
nation1 : class1 class2 class3
nation2 : class2 class4 class5 class6
nation3 : class1 class4 class7

and :

class1 : nation1 nation4 nation5
class1 : nation1 nation3 nation5
class1 : nation2 nation6 nation7

Next thing to do is generator for nations.rulesets.
Now I'm waiting for you to tell me what is needed in this area.
After all ideas will be spoken, I will implement generator.