[Freeciv-Dev] reqgen patch (for even more interesting modpacks)

To: Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] reqgen patch (for even more interesting modpacks)
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 02:48:35 +0300 (EET DST)

 I just compiled one big patch from all my present req_gen patches and
sent it to ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/req_gen_total.diff.gz.

------------

 This patch adds some flexibility to freeciv rules. I hope some modpack
authors find it usefull.

 This is not much tested. I'll try to find some time for that next week,
but I decided to sent this in present state for opinions/suggestions before
I start polishing it.

 Under current rules, there is maximum of one tech requirement for each
unit and building type and maximum of two tech requirements for new techs.
With this patch there can be unlimited number of requirements of several
types.

 Currently supported requirement types are:

Tech       - Player must have knowledge of certain tech in order to build
             unit/building or to research new tech.
Building   - Only cities with certain building can build unit/building,
             tech can be researched if player have at least one city
             affected by building (wonder).
Government - Player must run certain government.
Nation     - Allowed only to certain nation.

 For those who want to get really confused:

Not        - True if following requirement false.
Or         - True if either of the next two requirements is true.
And        - True if both of the next two requirements is true
             (This is only needed inside "Not" or "Or")

 - Only GTK client works at the moment and even in it helpbrowser works weirdly
   with requirements differing from standard civ style.

 TODO:

 - More consistency checkings for rulesets.
 - Cleanup.
 - AI.
 - Helpbrowser. (I expect impr-gen to change help system quite a bit, so
                 I'm just waiting here.)

 Ideas under consideration:

 - Requirement type "Terrain".
 - Requirement type "MinYear" / "MaxYear"
 - Requirement lists for city growing. (Growing from size 8 requires Aqueduct
   etc.)

 Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>

 Caz