[Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Option for unit production in conquered city.

To: Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Option for unit production in conquered city.
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:39:33 +0300 (EET DST)

 This adds cont_unavailable_units setting to game.ruleset. It controls how
long conqueror can build units without having required tech.

 Currently working values are:

 0         - Production must be changed immediately
 1         - City can build 1 unit.
 "Forever" - Until production is changed away (Civ/2)

 I don't see any need for general values (2,3,4...) and allowing them
would require a bit more memory (counter for every city). I can implement
them, if there is demand, though.

 No matter how many units you are allowed to build, you can't save that
right. If you change production away from that unit, you can't change it
back (should be possible during same turn, I'll look this later.)
 There is no new feedback added. Some kind of warning that city can
no longer build units should be added (at least when using value '1').
Should I make new event type or can I use some existing
(E_CITY_CANTBUILD)?

btw. Civ2 requires you to run Fundamentalism as government when you build
fanatics? What happens when you change government to something else while
already producing fanatics?

 Caz